Caring for our guests and employees is always our priority.
We have consistently maintained high standards of hygiene at the d Hotel, and we have implemented additional measures in response to Covid-19. These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from health authorities and are under ongoing review.
As Covid-19 continues to impact the global community, we would like to keep you informed about the procedures and protocols we have introduced at the d Hotel Drogheda.
We have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare of our valued customers, employees and suppliers.
Thank you for your continued support for the d Hotel.
We now taking bookings for leisure guests that wish to stay from 29th June onwards.
Please find the link to Failte Ireland's Guildlines for reopening hotels - Click here
WHAT MEASURES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO PROTECT YOUR STAFF AND GUESTS?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout the hotel.
We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our guests do the same and follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and Covid-19.
We are putting the following procedures in place
- Sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials in all properties
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional tissues available in public areas
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
- Property linen serviced through a reputable external company complying with all government guidelines
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- We are communicating relevant health authority guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the health authority and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19
- We’ve re-organised our restaurant and bar areas to give more space between people
- We are implementing screens on our reception desk
- Contactless cards are preferred at payment points
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IF A GUEST OR STAFF MEMBER BECOME UNWELL?
Each team member has been fully briefed on how to approach guests that may be unwell or are self-isolating, and we remain in close daily contact with each team member to ensure they remain in good health. If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
Should a guest present with any symptoms of or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room and contact local health authorities, who will provide further instructions and assist with medical needs. We ask any guest who is feeling unwell to telephone Front Desk and inform them.
If a guest becomes unwell, we will liaise with them to get a list of their requirements e.g. meals, medical needs, extra linen, etc. All items requested by the guests (throughout self-isolation) will be left outside the door for the guest to take, whilst wearing a mask.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ADVICE ON HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19 INFECTION.
Wash hands properly and regularly
Before and after eating or drinking
After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
After handling contaminated (dirty) items
Whenever hands become visibly dirty
If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
CAN I VISIT MY FRIEND WHO IS STAYING IN YOUR PROPERTY?
Following government guidelines, we can only allow residents to gain entry to our properties. Non-residents will not be able to visit or gain access to our properties at this time.
HOW ARE YOU ENSURING SOCIAL DISTANCING?
We have introduced a ‘no-touch’ housekeeping service, where guests can request a no service with linen to be left at their door. We also have strict measures in place across all of our public areas including bar, restaurant and lobby areas.
GUEST JOURNEY THROUGH OUR HOTEL
All touch point areas continuously sanitised using chemicals as recommended by our preferred supplier.
Clear floor & wall markings in the lobby to indicate correct measures for social distancing
Screens at our reception desk
Check-in process remains as contactless as physically possible, credit card pin pads sanitised after use
Key cards are sanitised after every use.
JOURNEY TO YOUR ROOM
We have sanitising stations on the ground floor, when entering the hotel, at reception and at the guest lifts
Guest Lift are single use, again adhering to social distancing procedures.
ENTERING YOUR BEDROOM
Bedroom doors including handles are sanitised after each departure so will be fully sanitised upon arrival.
All our bedrooms are cleaned to the highest standards but as part of our continued effort in the fight against covid-19 we will now focus on sanitising high touch points immediately following our usual deep clean as follows:
RESTAURANT & BAR
We will continue to work with HSE and Environmental Health Guidelines for food service in our restaurant.
Our guests can avail of in-room dining should that be their preferred option
We offer table service only whilst adhering to strict social distancing measures in place throughout our ground floor areas.
In line with government directives The Hops Bar is closed until further notice, we are offering limited beverages during our dining service.
MEETING ROOM FACILITIES
We continue to offer meeting room facilities depending on the number of attendees, we will only offer meeting room space where social distancing measures can be properly adhered to.
All meeting room furniture will be properly sanitised after every use along with all counters & equipment. We will no longer have blotting pads/pens on tables to ensure a sanitised work area. These items will be available on request.
Staff will service meeting rooms during breaks but only when occupants have left the room.
Breaks including teas and coffee can be served in the room
We can also offer restaurant dining, but this must be pre-booked to ensure social distancing policies can be adhered to.
TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
We offer express check out service for a contactless check out, guests can also avail of an e-check out and all correspondence will be conducted over email on condition your booking is pre-paid online.
Stay Safe and Keep Well
The d Hotel Team